Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pregnant (week 4)

Tonight I took a home pregnancy test and guess what? It didn't say "NOT pregnant." I AM PREGNANT!!!!! After 7 months of trying we have had success. I am pretty much on cloud nine right now. Come September we are going to have a brand new little tiny baby. Oh my gosh. I am just in shock right now. I know this is what we have been trying for for since this summer and this sure is what we wanted to hear, but it is still just amazing to me that it has happened. It is not something that may or may not happen somewhere down the road. It is something that has already happened and in 36 weeks give or take a few days we are going to be a family of 5.

I have not stopped smiling since I walked out of the bathroom and handed Jim the test. I know he knew the answer before I handed it to him. I was practically skipping over to him.

Here is the other thing. This is just a secret that Jim and I share for the first 12 weeks. So we have 8 more weeks to keep this exciting news just to ourselves. So I have decided to keep this little blog from today until the big day in September. I can't wait to share the news with our families but until them I have to just keep posting here anytime I just can't contain myself any longer.

Did I know before I took the test? Nope. For the past six months I have thought I was pregnant every month. Yes, it was just wishful thinking. But this month, no I as much as I wanted it, I was thinking that we might be in this for the long haul and this month would be just like the others. Looking back I can see little things... like CRYING. Yes, I cried when I heard the college band play before my favorite football team played in their bowl game. I cried when Jim told me he wanted to to have a "sky burial" when he dies (don't ask). Yes, I have been pretty weepy lately. And guess what, this has happened before, crying like a crazy person before a positive pregnancy test. LOL, I guess I never learn.

Anyway, here we go. Baby, I can't wait to meet you.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, Baby, how lucky you are going to be!

Kristi B said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so thrilled for you! and pretty surprised to find all this fun stuff over here on this site!