Thursday, January 10, 2008

Unbelievable.

I am totally in the "this is unbelievable" stage of finding out we are pregnant. We have been planning, trying, trying, and trying some more. One would think I would find this all business as usual. But honestly, I am as completely as excited as I was the day I found out I was pregnant with Madeline (and then Amelia).

Dare I say that I am the most unprepared this go around. I had yet to crack open the pregnancy handbooks until after that positive pee stick. Before Madeline I read everything I could get my hands on the six months before we started trying. Before Amelia I probably checked them out the month before we started trying. This time, I figured it would all come "natural." I mean, hey I did this twice already. Duh, I did this twice already, I should know how my brain shuts down as soon as a couple hormones start surging through my body.

I have already started talking to this little group of cells inside me. Yes, we have had a couple talks about the big sisters this little one will be loved by. I have held my belly and thought of the movements that will take place in a few months. Those rocks and rolls are the most amazing connection. They are with you day and night these flutters and then breathtaking jabs. Oh, how I miss that when the baby is born. I am really looking forward to those moments right now.

OK, off to incubate (as Jim has been telling me that is what I am busy doing right now).

No comments: