Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Switching it up a little (6 weeks)


So, here's the thing. I called to make my first doctor's appointment for my precious little pea and they said they could see me on Feb 20th. That would put me at like ten and a half weeks. That is just a little too long for my comfort. I even tried to call them back and talk to a nurse and she said, yes ten and a half weeks would be fine even though they like to see patients between eight and ten weeks. So to me this said, "We are too busy for you now and for the next 9 months you will have to work around our schedule." This is the same office I have gone to with the other two girls. I really like my mid-wives and doctors, but neither of my children were actually delivered by someone I knew, it was whoever was on call in the hospital (but my doctors and midwives did see me throughout my labor and stay in the hospital).

This practice is about 5 minutes from my house, which makes it very convenient for monthly, bi-weekly, and weekly appointments. But I was not getting a good feeling. So today I called and made an appointment at another practice. The great news is that my favorite doctor and my favorite mid-wife also see patients at this location. The bad news is that I will have to drive across town to my appointments. I will deliver at the same hospital, which I like, and I already know that I like this practice because this is where I take the girls to the pediatrician.

I am feeling pretty tired right now. I am getting a little queasy but no major morning sickness to report yet. Actually most of my nausea is in the evenings after dinner.

1 comment:

Kristi B said...

As a doctor's wife, I love that the patient delivers with whoever is on call. As a patient, yuck! especially with baby #1. You want the person you feel comfortable with to be by your side.