Wednesday, July 2, 2008

29+ weeks - Not that I am counting.

OK, so I have been neglecting this blog a little. Here is a little story to pass the time.
I went to the doctor's office on Monday at 8am. I drank my Glucola (gag) 30 minutes before so 30 minutes into the appointment I could do my glucose test. I got there, signed in, and found out my appointment wasn't until Tuesday. Nice! The nurse took my blood for the glucose test and I went home. I went back to the doctor's office on Tuesday at 8am. There I found out I failed the glucose test. Now I have to go back to the doctor on Monday morning and stay for 3 hours while fasting and drinking 2x sweet Glucola and having my blood taken every hour. If I fail that, it is bye bye sugar for the next 10 weeks.
I have never failed the test before. I thought I was doing so good this time. I have only gained 13 pounds so far and that is way under what I gained the last two pregnancies. Oh well, I suppose if I have to cut out the sugar it will be better for my diet and over all weight gain anyway.
Oh and just in case I didn't feel like I had been to the doctor's office enough, I had to go back out there yesterday afternoon and take Madeline because she was covered in hives that were migrating all around her body. Her doctor gave her some souped up Benadryl which cleared up the hives and knocked her out for the rest of the day. But, she said the hives were viral and could show up again for up to a month. She and Amelia both came home from vacation with fevers and sniffles. I won't be shocked if Amelia gets the hives too.
Anyway, everything else with the pregnancy is going just fine. It is really hard to believe I only have about 10 weeks left. The Protonix has been a miracle. I had no idea you could feel this good in the third trimester. I have not had one smidge of heartburn since I have been on it. It is amazing how much easier it is to be pregnant when you feel good.
We still have no name for this little girl. I promise I am going to buckle down. We won't bring her home without a name, I promise.

No comments: