Thursday, June 5, 2008

And they all fall down...

Today I was just moving too fast. This whole week I have been thinking about 3 steps ahead of where I actually am. But today I could have made the next few weeks slow to a crawl. I was headed down the stairs after just running up them to check my email before I dashed out the door. I made it all the way down to the last step and down I went. I turned my ankle under my body and sat right down on it. It was a very very soft fall and the rest of my body didn't experience much of a jolt at all. I went all the way down to the floor like I was trying to sit just where I landed. The baby was in the middle of a kick-fest so I knew within seconds that she was just fine. I however, was in ripping pain. I told Amelia to grab the phone and she brought it to me. I had Jim totally freaked out since he, I am sure, heard "fall down" and "pain" all up my leg and could not see me. But slowly the pain centered itself on one muscle and I was able to stand up and walk and I knew I had just pulled something. Here is the thing, I do not have weak ankles, but due to all the relaxin coursing through my body, I need to remember I am not made of steel. So I am going to take this warning and slow down before I really do hurt myself. I think this little limp will serve as a good reminder.

In other news I go back on Monday for another ultrasound and a doctor's appointment. I'll post new pictures of her then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am glad you and Baby Girl are alright!

Lisa said...

Hope you're feeling better, poor sweet Crystal!