Monday, February 11, 2008

Nine Weeks and 2 Days...

Today we went for our first ultrasound. The little bug measured perfect for 9 weeks plus 2 days. So the due date is set at September 13th. We saw little arm buds and a flickering heartbeat. It was a strong, fast and beautiful little flicker, it was the only thing I have been waiting to see since the day the test read positive.


This afternoon I got a call I have been waiting on for the past two years. Our dear friends Carrie and Matt are also pregnant. I was in tears with her news. This will be their first child and they are going to be awesome parents. She shared that she is 10 weeks along. They live only about 4 blocks away from us and we have been friends since college (although she has known Jim since childhood). She is an assistant principal so she will get to enjoy the summer of pregnancy off of work and hopefully we will get to spend a lot of time together enjoying our growing bellies.

We decided to call our moms tonight and share the news along with the ultrasound picture. We are still going to hold off telling the girls until we are ready to share the news with the world. I think we'll do that at around 12 weeks. The longer we wait to tell the girls the better since I know they are going to ask me everyday when this baby is coming.

What a joyful day.

No comments: